Monday, December 7, 2015

November 2015

PTO Meeting Minutes
11.6.15

Present at the Meeting: Kacey Corsello, Judy Averill, Shelby Hyvonen, Seth Koen, Lizzie, Maureen, Marcia Dushane, Andrew Foster, Amy Gauger, Sara Amoroso, Tina Tudryn, Tenaya Read, Rebecca Belcher-Timme, Amy Linnell

TOPIC
DISCUSSION
ACTION
Welcome and Introductions
Kasey Corsello welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Guest: Andrew Foster-- Apple a Day 5K Update
This was the third year of the Apple-a-Day 5k. Race was this past Sunday, November 1.

Easthampton Public Schools will get a check for over $8,000 this fall. This is way up-- from just over $4,000 last year.

Focus on purchasing iPads and SmartBoards for the elementary schools.

Next year Cider House Media has volunteered to do the website and media for the race.

Approval of October 2015
Email corrections to the minutes to PTO Secretary:  ginawyman@gmail.com
October 2015 minutes approved.
Committee Reports
Treasurer: Easthampton Savings Bank sponsored entire cost of the 11/19  Food Play production!
Current 5K account balance:  $6,416.00
Main Account balance:  $11,880.88
Silver Graphics (paper orders-- this does not include online orders or the amount we have to pay to Silver Graphics):
Maple-- 1,978.50
Center--1,556.50
Pepin--2,346.00

Outreach:
K Information Night is February 2nd.
Rebecca will ask in December for volunteers.
She will need help with a flyer for the event (Tina Tudryn and Judy Averill will help).
She will also need help stuffing envelopes.

Publicity:
Tina is hoping to get a newsletter home next week.
Email Tina if you have anything for the newsletter.

Gingerbread Night on December 9th at Center/Pepin Cafetorium.Tina will coordinate this event with Renee Loftus Hill. Families can send in nut-free candies. They will decorate gingerbread houses. 6:30 pm. Tina will need volunteers to help from 5:45-8:00. Tina will also need to go shop at Costco with a PTO member with a card.

(Amy Linnell) Puffers will donate a sign for the PTO so that we can display it at events.

Fundraising:
Silver Graphics Fundraiser just finished.

Volunteer Coordination:
Riverside Industries partnership-- two women will be doing the book leveling and copying for Center/Pepin. They will have job coaches helping them with their positions.

Gardening finished up last week.

Special Projects (Gabby):
Multicultural Dance Class: Gabby got the STARS grant to teach a multicultural dance class. The class will teach different dances from the American continent. She will choose two dances from each “chunk” of the continent. Students will also develop their own, individual dance. The dance class will do a performance at the Cultural Festival. It will start November 18. Wednesdays 3:15-4:15. The class will meet twice a week closer to the Cultural Festival. Allison will contact the high school to get two helpers. Kids can do the program even if they are in an after school program.

Cultural Festival: Happens in April. If you are interested in being on the committee, which will meet monthly until the event, please contact Kasey Corsello.

Food Play: November 19th. Got fully sponsored by a grant from Easthampton Savings Bank. Several local business will table at the event.

Valentine Making Night at Maple in February.

Support for Teachers-- Gift Cards
  • New teacher bags from PTO with cleaning wipes, snacks, Kleenex.
  • Target, Walmart, or Staples gift cards.
  • In addition to this, we could have a place where teachers could request support from the PTO for a specific project.

Snowtime Bazaar
Discussion about pros and cons to having this event
PTO will not sponsor/host the Snowtime Bazaar this year.
New Business (for December Meeting)
  • Iron out specifics re: gift cards for teachers; system for teachers requesting money for specific project, gift bag and gift card for new teachers.

Adjourn
Kasey adjourned the meeting.


Monday, November 2, 2015

October 2015

PTO Meeting Minutes
10.7.15

Present at the Meeting: Kasey Corsello, Rebecca Belcher-Timme, Nicole Kutcher, Gina Wyman, Amy Linnell, Patti Slate, Tenaya Read, Megan Frazier, Becky Sullivan, Sara Amoroso, Rebecca Starr, Melissa Weinberger, Matt Skowron, Amy Scowron, Jane Hunter, Kate Zanetta, Lyndsey Clayton, Alyssa Pratt, Heather LaPenn, Jane LaPointe, Marcia Dushane, Judy Averill, Allison Rebello, Angelique Baker, Julia Jourdain, Seth Koen, Jason Miranda, Chris Cleland

TOPIC
DISCUSSION
ACTION
Welcome and Introductions
Nicole welcomed everyone to the meeting.


Food Play:
We hope to get a $1400 grant from Easthampton Savings Bank for the Food Play event. Tenaya will submit the grant to ESB.
Event will be on Thursday, November 19 at 6:00 pm in Pepin’s auditorium.

Donation of apples for the event?

Flyers.

Tenaya will talk to Rachel and book the date and talk to ESB about the date.

Megan will put out a call for volunteers.



Kasey will be the point person for the Food Play event.




Curriculum Night
Kim Gilbert (literacy specialist) and Joan Schaffer (math specialist) will host two curriculum nights with help (child care and refreshments) from the PTO.

October 13 at EHS for 2nd-4th grade parents.

November 17 for K and 1st grade parents.

We need volunteers to bring refreshments. PTO is also setting up the child care for the evening.
Megan has volunteers bringing snack.

Tiny Tots will do the childcare for both curriculum nights.
Committee Reports
Treasurer (Tenaya):
  • 5K account balance is $4225.00
  • Bake sale made $355.26
  • Change from Big E’s during the month of September was $267.32
  • Balance on our PTO account is now $6,061.29
  • ESB this month has PTO info in their display.
Outreach (Rebecca):
  • K info night will be February 2nd (with a snow date of February 4th) at EHS.
  • Looking for volunteers to speak about the K experience. Current K families (or very recent K families) would be great.
  • Looking for volunteers to staff the evening-- greeters, speakers, help with mailings, flyer designed, etc.
Publicity (Tina and Nicole):
  • Nicole created a portion of the website to hold PTO meeting minutes.
  • First newsletter went home a few weeks ago. Your suggestions/thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Nicole is working to develop a fundraising page on the website.
Volunteer Coordination (Megan):
  • Sat down with Laura Scott to talk about Maple Volunteer Coordination.
  • Center/Pepin has 200 people on their volunteer list. Maple has about 100.
  • Recent accomplishments: Garden volunteers, bake sale bakers, refreshments for curriculum night.
  • Megan would like to give PTO Board members access to the volunteer email lists so that they can help with volunteer coordination.
(Nicole):
Laura and Nicole staffed the PTO table at the Maple Open House and got volunteers for the spring Scholastic book fair in April.

Fundraising (Kate)
  • Just finished the artwork for the Silver Graphics fundraiser. Orders will come to us on October 16 and are due on October 26. Online ordering continues until October 28.
  • Pancake breakfast is our winter fundraiser.

Special Projects (Kasey):
  • Cultural Festival-- looking for volunteers to be on the Cultural Festival Committee
  • Last year, Kasey wrote and received a STARS grant which brought in a guest artist, but Nadine Pomakis (art teacher in the elementary schools) would like to skip that this year. Gaby Bustamante (Center/Pepin parent) and Kasey Corsello applied for a grant to have a world dance class for all three schools fully funded by the STARS grant. Thursdays after school. More info once they find out if they received the grant.

Approval of September 2015 Minutes
Email corrections to the minutes to PTO Secretary, Gina Wyman, at ginawyman@gmail.com.
September 2015 minutes approved.
New Business (for November Meeting)
  • Consider getting email addresses for PTO Board Members (such as treasurer@easthamptonpto.org)
  • Snow Time Bazaar-- will the PTO host this year?

Adjourn
Nicole adjourned the meeting.



Committee Chairs:
Outreach-- Rebecca Belcher-Timme (belcher-timme@charter.net)
Special Projects-- Kasey Corsello (calsynkasey@gmail.com)
Fundraising-- Kate Zanetta (katherine.zanetta@gmail.com)
Volunteer Coordination-- Megan Frazier (megan_niger@yahoo.com)
Community Events-- Kelly Melanson (kcmelan@gmail.com)
Publicity-- Nicole Kutcher (nckutcher@gmail.com) and Tina Tudryn (MarketingTina@yahoo.com)

Monday, September 21, 2015

Thank You for Your Support!

 Many thanks to those that volunteered at our Bake Sale this past Saturday behind the Easthampton Savings Bank. We had a lovely sign decorated by a few sweet elementary school students and we were blown away by the delectable goodies that you made and donated to our cause. 






Your support and assistance helped us earn over $300! We donated the leftover treats to the hardworking folks at the Easthampton Safety Complex. Thank You!!!




Wednesday, September 9, 2015

September 2015

PTO Meeting Minutes
9.9.15


Present at the Meeting: Kasey Corsello, Nicole Kutcher, Tenaya Read, Gina Wyman, Rebecca Belcher-Timme, Kelly Melanson, Kate Zanitta, Amy Linnell, Megan Frazier, Tina Tudryn, Heather LaPenn, Janna Tetrault, Barbara Willett, Tracey Durant, Rachael Barber, Lyndsey Clayton, Amy Gauger, Allison Rebello, Jane Lapointe, Marcia Dushane, Brent Visser, Carey Baldwin, Renee Hill, Julie Jourdain, Carrie Foley


TOPIC
DISCUSSION
ACTION
Welcome and Introductions
  • Kasey Corsello welcomed everyone to the meeting.
  • All attendees introduced themselves.
  • Kasey introduced our new co-chair, Nicole Kutcher.

Guest Speakers: Joan Schaffer (math coach for elementary schools) and Kim Gilbert (Literacy specialist for elementary schools)
Joan and Kim would like to hold a math and literacy information night to talk about the math and literacy curriculum in the elementary schools.
Joan and Kim would like help from the PTO in several ways:
  • Childcare
  • Board Games
  • Simple Refreshments
  • Publicity for the event (Website, Facebook, flyers, School Reach, etc.)
Two nights:
  • October 13, 6 to 7 pm for 2nd-4th grade parents (@ EHS)
  • November 17, 6 to 7 pm for K and 1st parents (@ EHS)










PTO will help arrange childcare and provide publicity and refreshments for the event. Joan will follow up with Megan Frazier for volunteers.
Committee Reports
Treasurer (Tenaya):
  • made a check for $500 for Judy Averill for the Maple Science Night
  • Our balance in the account is $5458.21
  • Andrew has raised for the $3675.00
  • Containers at Big E’s Supermarket
  • Bake Sale coming up on 9/19
Outreach (Rebecca):
  • Science Night on 9/23 for all schools
  • Big event for Outreach Committee is the Kindergarten Information Night in January-- Rebecca would love for K families to help with that night
  • Goal for the Outreach Committee is having more informal events that are not necessarily for fundraising
Publicity (Tina and Nicole):
  • Tina would like to help someone else do the publicity committee with her.
  • Publicity involves flyers, newsletters, website, Facebook page.
  • Nicole Kutcher, our new co-chair, has made the following updates to the PTO website:
1. online volunteer form for parents is available online
2. a google calendar of upcoming pto meetings and events is also available online
3. website updates included: clean up of the entire site and the above additions
4. meeting minutes will be added to the website

Volunteer Coordination (Megan):
  • Megan has been working on it being easy for parents to volunteer and participate.
  • Turn in your green forms to get alerted to volunteer opportunities.
  • Needs right now: Center/Pepin and Maple garden volunteers (during designated class visits)
  • Support Apple a Day 5K with volunteers
  • Need volunteers for a directory
  • Would like to start to have classroom parents to help teacher
  • Need bakers to donate baked goods and workers to work the bake sale on 9/19 (8:30 am until noon)
Fundraising (Kate)
  • Kate is brand-new to the PTO and new to the fundraising committee-- she plans to do the same events as Rachel did last year.
  • Upcoming: Bake sale and Silver Graphics Art Fundraiser (October)
Community Events (Kelly):
  • This committee would like to host events that build community but don’t necessarily have a fundraising agenda.
Special Projects (Kasey):
  • Carrie Foley: Easthampton Teachers’ Association is sponsoring a “Take the Test Night” for community members and parents to come and take one or more of the high-stakes tests (PARCC and MCAS) that our students are given.
  • You can like “Easthampton Educators’ Association” Facebook page, which has information about the event.

New Business (for October Meeting)
  • Stop and Shop has A+ rewards, and Easthampton has not capitalized on it yet.  (Runs October 9- March 17 each year). Principals should register
Principals will register their schools for Stop and Shop A+ Rewards, and then parents can sign up for the program (designating their child’s school) at Stop and Shop.
Adjourn
Kasey adjourned the meeting.

If people would like to sign up for a committee, they should email the particular committee chair (see below).
Next meeting is October 7th in Room 104 from 6:30 -7:30 pm.

Committee Chairs:
Outreach-- Rebecca Belcher-Timme
Special Projects-- Kasey Corsello
Fundraising-- Kate Zanetta
Volunteer Coordination-- Megan Frazier
Community Events-- Kelly Melanson
Publicity-- Nicole Kutcher and Tina Tudryn