Thursday, January 21, 2016

JANUARY 2016

PTO Meeting Minutes
1.6.16


Present at the Meeting: Nicole Kutcher, Marcia Dushane, Kasey Corsello, Rebecca Belcher-Timme, Gina Wyman, Allison Rebello, Patti Slate, Amy Linnell, Cianalyn Ricardi, Alyssa Hawkes, Lyndsey Clayton, Jane Lapointe, Angelique Baker, Tenay Read, Tina Tudryn

TOPIC
DISCUSSION
ACTION
Welcome and Introductions
Kasey Corsello welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Approval of December 2015 Minutes
Email corrections to the minutes to PTO Secretary:  ginawyman@gmail.com
December 2015 Minutes approved by consensus.
Event Planning Conversation
PTO co-chairs talked with elementary principals last week about streamlining the process for PTO events by using a new PTO Event Form, which would have the date, location, coordinator information, and event needs. It will also be a way to track events that are happening.

Teachers noted that it would be great to have a flyer for each event in the teachers’ rooms so that they may either attend the event, volunteer, or both.





Secretary will keep the Event Forms, possibly in Google Docs.
Committee Reports
Treasurer:
  • Tenaya needs to figure out what we owe Silver Graphics.
  • Balance in main account is $11,862.91 (with some due to Silver Graphics).
  • Andrew withdrew the whole amount in the 5K account to go to technology in the Easthampton Schools: $8,520.91

Outreach:
K INFO NIGHT
  • K Info Night is February 2 with a snow date of February 4.
  • Rebecca needs a K parent from Center and Pepin to speak at the K info night. Allison Rebello will follow up.
  • She needs two Center/Pepin 4th graders to speak at the K info night. Allison Rebello will follow up.
  • Champions would like to set up a table at the info night, and they will also provide a volunteer child care giver.
  • Rebecca asked about reimbursement for the K Info Night. PTO approved $100 for the night. Rebecca will get reimbursed by Tenaya.

Publicity: no update.


Fundraising:
  • Idea to ask families to bring an item for indoor recess, food for a food pantry, tissues for schools, etc. as donation at events.
  • PTO has a donation jar that can be brought to our various events, such as the gingerbread making night.


Volunteer Coordination:
1. Megan is meeting with the Riverside people tomorrow for orientation of book pickups etc.
2. Megan is working on scheduling a meeting with Hope about spring garden planning.
3. Megan would like to schedule a spring work party for clean-up and beautification. If possible to coincide with the town clean up day. Possibly paint touch ups too?
4. Please all committees let me know what you need volunteers for!

Megan is looking for someone to help her with volunteer coordination.

Special Projects:
  • Cultural Festival is April 28. It will be from 6:00-8:00. First meeting is Monday, January 11 at 3:30 at Maple School. Will likely use same entertainment-- Jose Gonzalez-- as last year. Gaby Bustamente’s dance class will also perform at the Cultural Festival. Will be looking for more volunteers (helpers and families to table at the event) as the event gets closer.
  • Valentine Making Night-- we will table this event until next year due to the number of events at the end of January and early February.
  • Athletes Love to Read at Maple is at Maple on January 27 from 6:30-7:30.
  • Pancake Breakfast-- date TBD, likely in March.









School Updates
  • Teachers would like updates of events and roles they can play on a flyer in the teachers’ rooms.
  • Teachers would love an invitation in their mailboxes to the events a week or two before it happens.(Perhaps this can be added to event form?)



New Business (for February Meeting)
  • Next meeting is Wednesday, February 3rd.

Adjourn
Nicole adjourned the meeting.


DECEMBER 2015

PTO Meeting Minutes
12.7.15


TOPIC
DISCUSSION
ACTION
Welcome and Introductions
Nicole Kutcher opened the meeting and welcomed everyone

Approval of November 2015
Email corrections to the minutes to PTO Secretary:  ginawyman@gmail.com

Committee Reports
Treasurer:
There is currently $11,862.91 in the main account(before we pay Silver graphics) and:$8,520.91 in the 5K account.

Outreach:
January meeting can be used for stuffing envelopes with Kindergarten Information NIght flyers and putting address labels on envelopes..
Need volunteers for greeting and ushering kids to child care.  Megan will put the word out.
Andrea McCallum will recruit some Center/Pepin 4th graders to speak.
Missi Richardson is arranging child care.
Tina has communicated with Miguel about working on the flyer.

Publicity:
Nothing to report.

Fundraising:
Pancake breakfast is happening in February or March.
Need to find out if the new Silver Spoon owner will donate ingredients as Jeff did last year..
We need a Serve Safe certified person in the kitchen for this event (last year it was Mary Barr).

Customer’s Choice Community Grants from Florence Savings Bank:
Copy team needs to make copies of completed ballots to send out to parents.  The deadline is December 31st so this needs to be done ASAP.  In the past this money was divided between the 3 schools and went to the Student Activities Fund.


Volunteer Coordination:
Megan put out the word for volunteers to make PTO copies and has a list of 8 Center/Pepin parents who are available.  Megan will follow up with Laura to find out  if she has contacted Maple parents.  In the mean time C/P parents can make copies for Maple as well.

Copy Team information will be available via a Google doc compiled by Tina.

In the past PTO copies have been run off in the Central Office.

Riverside volunteers have had CORI checks and will begin training to do book-leveling after vacation.  

Judy Averill has requested help with book leveling sooner than Riverside volunteers will be available.

Special Projects:
Kasey is starting to plan the cultural festival.  

Dance classes have started at Center/Pepin.  The kinks are being worked out.







Rebecca will get flyers, envelopes and address labels for the meeting.












Megan is contacting volunteers about getting the ballots copied and distributed very soon.



Kasey will contact Sue Colby to find out if this it’s okay for us to use the Central Office for PTO copies and  if we can keep PTO paper there for volunteer use.





Megan will e-mail volunteer list to look for book-leveling volunteers for Maple.

Megan will send out an email to recruit volunteers.
Gingerbread Night:
Tina has organized Gingerbread Night  for this Wednesday.
Over 100 kids have RSVPed already and more RSVPs are still coming in.  
There are plenty of volunteers for this event.  
More candy decorations are needed.  
Champions teachers are helping with set up and staying for the event.
One parent will make coffee.
There are two peanut free tables that need special care.
Big Y gave the icing at cost.




Megan will put out the word to get more decorating supplies.
Funds for Teachers
To benefit the largest number of students, money can be donated to the student activities fund.  This would give teachers easier access to funds as needed for materials and supplies. Distribution would be at the discretion of the principal.  

We could set a goal to donate $500-1000 per school (about $50-$100 per classroom)

Gift bags or gift cards for new teachers should still happen regardless as a welcome gesture.

Maple School Donation Request:
Judy Averill would like donations of or funds for indoor recess supplies such as Legos, chalk and hula hoops.

The Center School Council successfully organized donations for indoor recess.
Rebecca will talk to the Maple School Council about asking families to donate indoor recess supplies.
New Business (for January Meeting)
  • Valentine Making NIght (Maybe Maple can host?)
Discuss at January meeting
Adjourn
Nicole Kutcher adjourned the meeting